Though other sources from the affected community claimed that over thirty persons were abducted, the police maintained that only eleven persons were still with the attackers.
It’s the country’s worst attack in years, police and local officials said Saturday.
“We are dismayed by the alarming incompetence, lack of focus, and total failure of the outgoing government of Senator Hope Uzodinma to tame this rampaging monster of insecurity for more than two years”. The party affirmed.
“It is imperative that the Federal Government take immediate action to address the gruesome incident and restore peace in Oguta and across Imo State.” The group stated.
The security agency also noted that “several” injured people, including at least two in critical condition, were being taken to nearby hospitals.
The hoodlums murdered two of the Police Mobile Force operatives, and two staff members of the Consulate, and set their bodies ablaze alongside their vehicles.
When contacted, the FCT command’s spokesperson, Josephine Adeh, confirmed the incident, adding that the Teenager had been arrested
“ To my greatest surprise, I was brutally attacked around 6 pm in my grandfather’s house by my cousins,” he said.
The perpetual horrendous activities of hoodlums have unabatedly instilled fears in the residents and students of the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli Campus, Anambra State. The activities at the campus … Read More
Although some members of the communities have accused the monarch of being responsible for the tragic incidents. Some have different opinions on the development
“I was standing outside my house when I suddenly heard screaming from the deceased residence”. He said.
Officers in helmets and bulletproof vests cordoned off the area around the school. Bodies were carried out and put into funeral vehicles
Residents of the area had celebrated the demise of JT, believing that one of their biggest fears and adversaries had left them, but the incident of Tuesday at East Street where the gang killed the police superintendent sent shivers down the spine of residents in the area.
The attack on the miners comes less than two days after gunmen killed no fewer than seven persons in two separate attacks that occurred in the Wereng and Heipang communities of Riyom and Barkin Ladi local government areas respectively.
Details of the offenses committed by the defendants as contained in their charge sheet indicated that they engaged in the acts on March 31, 2023, at No. 93 Ayelaka Area, Dada Estate, Osogbo.
Speaking to journalists, the Special Adviser to Governor Samuel Ortom on Security, Lt. Col. Paul Hemba (retd.), described the incident as “very tragic and painful.”
The claim, according to sources, caused agitation among the villagers.
“When they discover that we have our security before they will come, they will take caution. I am not saying a single word to be hidden. I am not hiding my words, let my words go viral. Igbo must get their right and get a stand in Lagos State,” he added.
The directive is coming in the wake of Tuesday’s tweet by Simon Ekpa, a self-acclaimed disciple of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, asking indigenes of South-East Nigeria who are resident in Lagos, to observe a sit-at-home exercise over an alleged attack on them.
He gave the warning in a statement released in the wake of the lingering attacks on the Igbos in Lagos affirming that the people would no longer be calm while the senseless killings persist.