“We have suffered in this community. What do they want us to do in this community? That a crime was committed in this community does not mean that it is Ehime Mbano people who did it. You people should come to our rescue.” He said.
“The NPF urges anyone who may possess information related to this incident to come forward and actively assist in the investigative process and/or send in information anonymously through the NPF Social Media handles @PoliceNG, or mail at email@example.com,” the police said.
None of the security agents on board survived the attacks consequently, the entire community had been thrown into confusion, owing to the development.
Tensions grow in the entire L.G.A. and its environs as the cases of kidnapping remain unabated despite several security beef-ups on air.
The member representing Toro Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Ismail Dabo, condemned the incident and called for calm.
Two of his security men were allegedly shot dead at his popular lodging, PPP Hotel, in Oba, Anambra in the cause of the incident.
“I saw them (gunmen) dragging the people. They (gunmen) were about five or six. They carried the nine passengers and drove off in their van.” Eyewitness revealed.
It further revealed that his abductors drove their victims to a waiting speed boat and reportedly set ablaze the Sienna vehicle with which they came in.
The lifeless remains of the deceased which had already decomposed was later found in a bush a few days ago.
They were said to have made away with his car, his phone
This was made known by the Chancellor of Nnewi Diocese, Reverend Fr. Raphael Ezeogu.
The hoodlums murdered two of the Police Mobile Force operatives, and two staff members of the Consulate, and set their bodies ablaze alongside their vehicles.
Although some members of the communities have accused the monarch of being responsible for the tragic incidents. Some have different opinions on the development
The attack on the miners comes less than two days after gunmen killed no fewer than seven persons in two separate attacks that occurred in the Wereng and Heipang communities of Riyom and Barkin Ladi local government areas respectively.
The spokesperson for the police in the state, Henry Okoye, confirmed the incident but said he was awaiting more details
”The command has commenced an investigation to unravel those behind the attack,” he said.
The continuous attacks might have inarguably negative effects on the turnout of voters in Saturday’s general polls.
The killers were also said to have set him and his supporters who were with him inside his car ablaze.
The incident, which occurred around 8:40 pm, led to the destruction of many pieces of equipment and property in the facility among others.
The incident occurred a few days before the February 25th, 2023 general elections.