Google Nigeria on Wednesday launched Google for Nonprofits in Nigeria to empower non-for-profit organizations by providing them with free premium services.
Thus, serves as an avenue to empower non-profit organizations to propel their charitable works, efficiently to reach a wider audience. Also, it will drive more supporters to take action and tell their story in a more compelling way by improving their immediate environment.
Amazingly, Google for Nonprofits once approved, enables nonprofits to gain access to programs such as Ad Grants, G-Suite for Nonprofits, YouTube’s nonprofit program, among others.
To apply for the nonprofits’ account, you will need the following:
1. Request a Google for Nonprofits account.
You must register your organization with TechSoup, (they handle the nonprofit verification process).
2. Once your organization is verified, an email will be sent to you:
If you’re not currently registered, you’ll be able to register once you start the request for Nonprofits account.
3. If you’re already registered with TechSoup, you’ll just need your verification token to use during your request.
4. Then, you can activate and use individual products.
Nonprofits Grants To grab
Interestingly, the search engine giant revealed that any nonprofits that pass for the Google nonprofits are qualified for a grant of up to $10,000 a month. That is, this grant will be available for six months through October 2020, to spend on text-based ads among other offerings.
Google Nonprofits In Nigeria Qualifications
To request a Nonprofits account, you must qualify the following:
1. You must be a registered nonprofit charitable organization in good standing, in Nigeria.
2. Your nonprofit organization must be verified by TechSoup Nigeria, TechSoup Global’s regional arm.
3. Organizations must be funds, bodies, or institutions listed under the Fifth Schedule of the Companies Income Tax Act (CITA) or engaged in activities introduced with the Amendment of the Fifth Schedule and certified by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) to receive tax-deductible donations. (Note: Although many legal forms may be tax-exempt, only associations with incorporated trustees and companies limited by guarantee are eligible.)
Organizations that are not eligible:
Consequently, some types of organizations are not eligible and will not be verified.
Please confirm your organization is not a:
- Governmental entity or organization
- Hospital or healthcare organization
- School, academic institution, or university (Google Education offers a separate program for schools)
Meanwhile, the products that are currently in Nigeria are:
Google Ad Grants,
G-Suite for Nonprofits,
YouTube’s nonprofit program
Earth and Maps