It is saddening when we learnt that a football legend by the name Diego Maradona passed away at the age of 60.
Diego Maradona had been voted on several occasions to be amongst the greatest players of all time. Hence, his demise has caused the football world to mourn ever since the news broke out.
Notwithstanding, this article will reveal to you six of his unbroken records in football he has unfortunately died with. Many would be surprise to learn that the likes of Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and many big current stars have not been able to break these records of his.
Many have opined that Diego Maradona’s records could live a life time without being broken. See his records below:
1. Diego Maradona had one of the greatest tournament displays of all time in the 1986 World cup.
He remains the only player in the competition who played 7 games and made 53 take – ons, completing 5 assists, and scoring 5 goals before winning the trophy
2. Maradona holds the record presently for making the most number of appearances as a country’s captain in a World Cup in which he made 16 appearances as a captain for Argentina.
3. Maradona holds the record for suffering the most number of fouls in a World Cup, which was in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. He was fouled 53 times.
4. Maradona holds the record for the most number of fouls suffered in one game in a World Cup. In a game he played against Italy, he was fouled 23 times in the 1982 world cup.
5. Maradona is the only player to score a goal using his hand in the quarter – final of a World Cup which was against England. He went further to say that the goal was scored a little bit by the hand of God, and a little by the head of Maradona.
Watch Maradona’s Hand of God video
6. Maradona finally is the only player in the history of football to have broken the record transfer fee twice.
What’s your opinion about these records? Do you think anybody will be able to break these records of his? let’s hear from you. Can you wish him a RIP?