Fire Guts University of Benin Hostel

The University of Benin, Benin City today recorded another tragic incident as fire razed some sections of the Post Graduate Females’ Hall of Residence, Ekehuan Campus.

The incident which occurred in the early hours of the afternoon razed the section of the hall of residence being occupied by the female undergraduates of the institution.

According to our Source, the inferno was said to have been caused by a perceived electrical glitch.

Consequently, the occupants of the hostels who were off to classes came wailing and looking helplessly, seeing their belongings razed down.

The Edo fire service was seen at the scene of the incident making deliberate efforts to quench the fire.

Speaking with some of the affected students, they lamented the gravity of the losses ranging from school documents, laptops, and clothes among others.

They were, however, thankful to have no lives lost and the fact that the incident didn’t occur at night hours.

Credit: Uniben PRIME


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *