Voltage Wire Electrocutes 15-Year-Old Student in Abuja

A 15-year-old student of the Government Science Secondary School, Pyakasa/Maitama in Federal Capital Territory, Abuja has been electrocuted.

The unfortunate incident occurred at approximately 7:30 am near a water tap that is situated close to a wall adorned with barbed wire within the school’s premises.

Reports indicate that Meshach was in the process of fetching water when the tragedy struck.

In a desperate attempt to prevent a fall, Meshach reportedly slipped and, in his struggle to regain balance, grabbed onto the barbed wire. Unbeknownst to him, the wire was in contact with an exposed electrical cable, leading to his electrocution.

The immediate response saw Meshach being rushed to the Maitama District Hospital for urgent medical attention. Despite the efforts of the healthcare professionals, he was later pronounced dead.

The incident has caught the attention of the authorities, with the FCT Police Command confirming the occurrence.

A police source provided insight into the events, detailing how the tragic accident unfolded. The spokesperson for the FCT Police Command, Josephine Adeh, acknowledged the incident and stated that an investigation is currently underway to uncover the precise circumstances leading to Meshach’s untimely death.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *