The story of a Nigerian chef, Hilda Baci who set a new pace in the Guinness World Record for ‘longest cooking time’ by an individual has flooded every social media Fora. The record was previously held by an Indian chef, Lata Tondon who completed the task in 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 secs in Rewa, India in 2019.
Meanwhile, Hilda, 27-year-old spent about 87 hours cooking to break the Guinness World Record set by Indian chef, Lata Tondon.
It could be recalled that Hilda announced in an Instagram post on April 2nd that she was going to make her five-year-long dream a reality.
She stated she will cook for four days and four nights to break the 87 hours, 45 minutes set by Chef Lata London in Rewa, India in 2019.
The event was scheduled to begin on April, 28th but had to be shifted to May 11th at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos to cater to the needs and requirements of the extra people who registered to be in attendance.
Meanwhile, on the brink of her achievement, supporters from Nigeria and across the country have continued to appraise the doggedness of the young Chef who against all odds remained resilient toward her dream. Consequently, a lot of men are already on cue to seek the attention of Hilda.
According to some admirers, Hilda Baci is the epitome of the woman that the popular Nigerian Hip-Hop singer, Flavour N’ Abania described as a ‘woman of substance ‘. Some have further vowed to do everything possible to get home as partners.
The story of the young chef, however, would be a boost to many young people striving for greatness while so many young girls would still have their teeth gnashed when they can not function in the kitchen.
Below are 20 things to know about Hilda Baci and her Guinness World Record Marathon Cooking:
- Her real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong. She is a young Nigerian chef from Akwa Ibom State. She owes a food brand in Lagos called “My Food by Hilda”
- She will be cooking for 4 days non-stop.
- She must stand to cook, she is not permitted to sit while cooking.
- She’s not allowed to take coffee, stimulants, or any energy drink to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength while cooking.
- She’s allowed to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose.
- The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- She cooks round the clock, no sleep (Morning, afternoon, evening, and night. So, for 4 nights, she won’t sleep)
- She has just 5 minutes rest per hour [meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that’s an hour break in every 12 hours].
Other sources claim
She gets a 30-minute break every 6 hours, she spends the 30mins in a medical van which is just close by, within which she can nap, use the restroom, and also get a medical assessment or check with by the medical team available on the spot.
- Whatever she cooks is shared to the people at the venue for FREE. She is not selling the food.
- She cooks different meals simultaneously. She switches at liberty to cook any meal she likes. There are no restrictions as to what she can cook or not cook. The World Record title is about cooking within a time frame, not about what is cooked. As long as she is cooking, she is on track.
- Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded. She has cooked over 115 meals so far with almost 3,000 portions if not more by the time you are reading this.
- She started the cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday 15th May 2023 evening.
- The current holder of the title Hilda seeks to break is an Indian chef Lata Tandon, who set a Guinness World Record for cooking for 87 hours and 45 minutes non-stop in 2019.
- To break the record, Hilda Baci is attempting to cook for 96 hours, using extra 9 hours to break the world record as the first human on earth to spend such an amount of time cooking a marathon.
- She tagged the cooking project “Cook-a-thon”, a phrase literally coined from the word “marathon”
- She appears exhausted already, but the people around her are cheering to boost her morale. And they are available with her as she cooks 247, even at night.
- Most of the food items, ingredients, utensils, etc she used for this project are provided by her sponsors. So, the money expended on this project is not 100% from Hilda or her Food brand.
- Uber, one of her partners is offering a 40% discounted ride to the venue for people who wishes to join and cheer her up at the venue.
- Hilda’s mum is also a chef. She owes a food brand called “Calabar Pot”
- She is 27 years of age.
Credit @Oga Yenne