Former heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua has disclosed his readiness to fight with Deontay Wilder.
On his part, Wilder is ‘95 per cent done’ on his side and the fight could take place in December if the deal goes through.
Similarly, talks are ongoing over a proposed ‘tournament’ in Saudi Arabia which could also involve Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk fighting on the same card.
Joshua has however, claimed his first win in over two years after defeating Jermaine Franklin in his last fight on April 1, having previously fallen to two consecutive losses to Usyk in 2021 and 2022.
He then announced he would not return to the ring until December, ruling out a summer showdown with either Fury or Dillian Whyte.
Joshua now looks set to face off against the former WBC World Champion Wilder at the end of the year in a fight that could have happened when they were both champions.
“From my experiences with Saudi, if they say they are going to do something, they are more than likely going to do it. So, that’s one end of it,” Joshua told Metro.
“And then you let the other guys do what they do. But as the man behind the scenes, it is important to start getting ready. In terms of it getting delivered, I honestly believe it is 95 percent there.
“He is good, I respect him, I don’t undermine him. That will make me raise my game. I respect what he has done and what he has done in this division. It is hard to become a champion, and he did it, so I have to respect that,” the British-Nigerian said.